Whole Foods market announced today that, as of April 2, 2012, they will no longer sell red-rated fish in their stores, instead only making green-rated ("best choice") and yellow-rated ("good alternative") available. This means that sale of fish such as Atlantic halibut, grey sole, skate, and trawl-caught Atlantic cod will be discontinued. Click here for more information about this new policy.
Further sustainable seafood and aquaculture resources:
- Seafood Recommendations Guide from the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: World Review of Fisheries and Aquaculture, 2010
- Aquaculture Recommended Reading list from Wisconsin's Water Library
- Aquaculture: Water on the Web, compiled by Wisconsin's Water Library
- Aquaculture Research and Resources from the UW Sea Grant