Several new project reports and articles (dated 2008 through 2010) and three new photos of harbor corrosion in Thunder Bay, Canada (from 2007) are now available on the Duluth-Superior Harbor Corrosion Study website from Wisconsin Sea Grant. Also included on the site is the most up-to-date fact sheet about the project.
Updated content includes:
- Duluth-Superior Harbor Freshwater Corrosion Update (presented ASCE Ports 2010), April 2010
- Cofferdam Applied Coating Trial, October 2009
- Duluth Superior Harbor Steel Structure Alternative Repair Installation & Protection Report, December 2008
- Duluth Superior Harbor Existing In-Place Coating Assessment, December 2008
- Accelerated Freshwater Harbor Corrosion Fact Sheet, UW Sea Grant Institute, April 2010
- "Finding Solutions To A Mysterious Harbor Corrosion Problem," Wisconsin Coastal Management Chronicle, 2009
- 2007 Field Investigations – Examples of Corrosion in Other Great Lakes Harbors & Marinas (Three Thunder Bay, Canada examples) taken by Jim Sharrow (Duluth Seaway Port Authority) can be viewed here.
If you have any questions about the project and its results, please contact Gene Clark at (715) 394-8472 or at email@example.com